Everyone resident in Switzerland is obliged to be covered by a health insurance policy within three months (of moving to Switzerland or birth). In exceptional cases, no insurance needs to be contracted.
The link takes you to a page with information about the following topics:
- Mandatory insurance for Swiss citizens, foreigners and newborn babies
- Amount and reductions in health insurance premiums
- Coverage for pregnancy and childbirth, when travelling or inability to work
- Procedures in the event of conflicts with the health insurance company
- Changing insurance companies
- (voluntary) supplementary insurance