ISS Switzerland’s role is to assist in the integration of unaccompanied minors in Switzerland or a third-party country and to help them to reintegrate in their country of origin.
ISS Switzerland also provides the following services:
- Individual assessment of the unaccompanied minor
- Assessment of the family and social environment
- Search for a long-term solution
- Integration assistance (scholarships, mentoring, preparing a possible repatriation project)
- Information for unaccompanied minors and specialists
- Legal representation (only for unaccompanied minors allocated to Geneva Canton)
The ISS has an informational welcome brochure for unaccompanied minors newly arrived in Switzerland.
It covers the following topics:
- Life in Switzerland
- Asylum procedure
- Supporting persons
- Rights and duties